Sweet, mini, bite-sized cinnamon sugar donut muffins! A fun way to eat the classic donut. These will disappear fast thanks to the sweet sprinkle of sugar on top 🙂
These mini donuts almost did not survive long enough for their photo shoot 🙂 My son had just gotten home from school and he was hungry! Add in the two girls and these little cute things did not last long. Luckily, I snatched a few for a picture and to eat 🙂
They taste like a donut hole but in super cute mini muffin form. The muffin has little spots of cinnamon and then the top is dipped in butter and then in a cinnamon sugar mix. So you get the crunchy sweetness from the sugar topping and then the dense moist donut.
You’ll be surprised at how fast these muffins come together. I had to hurry and make them before I picked my daughter up from preschool, hurry as in I only had 20 minutes before I had to leave. I was able to whip these up and bake them before leaving. That was even with my 18 month old crawling around the kitchen floor and playing in her big puddle of water she spilled……. that mess had to wait until we got back home 🙂
Enjoy your day friends!
Yields 36 mini donut muffins
If you like lots of butter and cinnamon sugar topping go ahead and melt 6 tablespoons butter and use 1/2 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon. I did not want a lot so the recipe as written is what I did. Adjust the topping amount to your likeness.
If you make full-size muffins, cook for 15-17 minutes. Makes about 12 regular sized muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups milk, whole is best
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a mini muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir with a whisk and set aside.
- In smaller mixing bowl, combine milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix gently with a rubber spatula just until combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Fill the mini muffin tins almost full with the batter. They should be slightly less than full. Cooke for 12-14 minutes. Let cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once muffins are cooled, prepare the topping by melting butter in one bowl and combining the sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Dip the tops of the cooled muffins in the butter and then immediately press into the sugar mix.
recipe found here