So fresh, light & colorful. Simple to make and bursting with delicious flavors. Perfect for a party, game, picnic, BBQ, or even as something to snack on!
I have seen recipes for Cowboy Salsa (aka-Cowboy Caviar) all over the Pinterest world. Not sure why it is called Cowboy Caviar, but I knew the name had to change for my version because Caviar reminds me of that one awful experience I had when I was dared to try it……. so, I call mine Cowboy Salsa. It is full of all the flavors & ingredients that I love: lime, beans, gold n’ white corn, avocado (my fave), tomato, cilantro, and some great spices. It’s really really really good! It’s fun to eat with chips, or just dig in and eat it with a spoon 🙂
This is best served after it has been in the fridge for an hour. Gives time for the beans to absorb some of the flavor and lime juice, and for all the flavors to develop together. If you like a spicy flavor kick in your salsas, go ahead and add a chopped jalapeno.
Seriously, don’t you just love all those bright colors?! Try this and let me know what you think.
- 1 can (15.5 oz) pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15.5 oz) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen gold n' white corn, thawed but still cold
- 2 avocados, cut into small chunks
- 5 roma or plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 of a red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir together well.
- Let sit in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or a spoon!
** I either set my frozen corn bag on the counter for a couple of hours, or I put it on defrost mode in the microwave for 3 minutes. You want it to still be cold, not warmed at all.
** Any leftovers will keep in the fridge 3-4 days.
See you again soon!