This salsa is so addicting! Creamy avocados, sweet corn, tomato, pinto beans, and green onions combine to make one delicious salsa. A simple dressing made of Italian seasoning and just a pinch of vinegar.
So yesterday was the Super Bowl and if you know me, then you know it was a big deal! It’s basically like Thanksgiving all over again here at our house 🙂
This corn salsa was on the menu and I seriously cannot believe that I haven’t posted it to the blog yet. It is by far my favorite salsa.
Frozen corn makes this salsa so convenient and easy. The surprise ingredient in this is the packet of Italian seasoning/dressing mix. You might think Italian + vinegar + salsa have no business being together, but trust me, it just works somehow.
I love using frozen gold n’ white corn. It has yellow and white corn. Sweet yellow corn will work just fine too.
We love this served with Fritos Scoops corn chips! This also makes for great lunch leftovers. I cook one ofthose quick 1-minute brown rice cups in the microwave and then top it with some of this salsa. Yum! I’ll be eating that all week cause there is tons of leftovers.
I leave the frozen corn bags on the counter for about 30 minutes or so before making the salsa.
DO NOT PREPARE the packet of Italian seasoning/dressing mix. You just want the dry mix in the packet. This is found by the salad dressings and ranch seasoning packet mixes.
This keep well in the fridge for 1-2 days. Anything after that, it is still yummy but the avocado will start to turn to that brownish color.
- 2 bags (16 oz each) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 avocado, chopped small
- 3 roma/plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small bunch green onions (about 6-8), finely chopped
- 1 envelope Italian seasoning dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Combine corn, avocados, tomatoes, pinto beans, and green onions in a bowl. Stir together.
- In small bowl whisk together the Italian seasoning packet and the white vinegar. Pour over the salsa mixture and mic together until combined.
- Store, covered, in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving so that the flavors have time to come together.
- Serve with fritos corn chips and/or tortilla chips.
Thanks for stopping by! Come again soon 🙂
recipe adapted from here