I’m back! I’m sorry for the ‘no posts’ this past week. My husband and I finally went on a kid-free vacation. Our first one since our honeymoon, 8 years ago! It was a lot of fun and so relaxing, and sunny and warm!
To make up for no posts last week I am sharing, hands down, THE best salsa/dip recipe ever! I made it right before we left on vacation and I knew that I had to share it immediately with you all. This stuff is so incredibly yummy and addicting. It was super annoying because after eating like an entire bowl of this stuff, I would put my spoon (yes, I ate it with a spoon…. 🙂 ) in the sink hoping that would stop me from eating more. It never worked. I am pretty sure I went through all of our spoons trying to stop eating this…..
This salsa is similar to this one (which by the way is equally amazing!). It has a honey lime dressing that you drizzle over it. It creates the perfect contrast to all the veggies and beans. Feel free to change up the dressing ingredients and amount to your liking. You could add cilantro, cumin, more jalapeno for heat, more honey, less honey…. basically, it’s very adaptable to what you prefer. We loved it this way. The sweet from the honey was understated, but you could still taste it and the lime together.
I am off to try and catch up from being gone for a week. Thankfully my parents were here with the kids, so there won’t be much catch-up to do. Your plans this weekend or week should definitely include making this. It’s really good. You can eat it right away, or let it sit in the fridge for like an hour. The longer it sits in the fridge, the more liquid will pool up in the bottom of the bowl. Not a big deal because you just mix it all together again and it’s good as new.
- 8 small roma/plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 of a jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen gold n' white corn (thawed but still cold)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large lime, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the bean salsa ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
- In small bowl mix together, with a wire whisk, the olive oil, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the bean salsa in the large bowl and mix all together.
- Eat right away with chips, or a spoon, or keep in fridge. Liquid will pool in the bottom of the bowl the longer it is in the fridge. Just mix together before serving.
** Use the standard size can of beans. They are usually the 15-16 oz cans.
Have a great Sunday and I will see you back here on Monday 🙂
recipe adapted & inspired from here