This salsa is similar to this one (which by the way is equally amazing!). It has a honey lime dressing that you drizzle over it. It creates the perfect contrast to all the veggies and beans. Feel free to change up the dressing ingredients and amount to your liking. You could add cilantro, cumin, more jalapeno for heat, more honey, less honey.... basically, it's very adaptable to what you prefer. We loved it this way. The sweet from the honey was understated, but you could still taste it and the lime together.
I am off to try and catch up from being gone for a week. Thankfully my parents were here with the kids, so there won't be much catch-up to do. Your plans this weekend or week should definitely include making this. It's really good. You can eat it right away, or let it sit in the fridge for like an hour. The longer it sits in the fridge, the more liquid will pool up in the bottom of the bowl. Not a big deal because you just mix it all together again and it's good as new.
- 6 roma tomatoes seeded and diced small
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 small sweet onion finely diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 can (15 oz) navy beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen gold n' white corn thawed
Honey Lime Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the bean salsa ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
- In small bowl mix together, with a wire whisk, the olive oil, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the bean salsa in the large bowl and mix all together.
- Eat right away with chips, or a spoon, or keep in fridge. Liquid will pool in the bottom of the bowl the longer it is in the fridge. Just mix together before serving.