Instant Pot chicken burrito bowls can be on the dinner table in 30 minutes! All your favorite things about a burrito but made into a delicious burrito bowl. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, avocado for a quick & easy family approved dinner. If you’re looking for the best Instant Pot chicken recipe then this is it!
We officially have 5 days left before we sign away our house to the new buyers. The very same day we leave for our cross country drive to move from Maryland to Utah.
I have been baking and cooking up a storm lately so that I could have some good stuff to share while I am road tripping it with my 4 crazy kids. I am not sure there will be enough diet coke in the universe to help me survive this trip 🙂
This is my 4th time making this drive across the country so you would think I’d be ready for it. But let me tell you, nothing can prepare you for being trapped in a car with 4 kids for 4 days!
These instant pot chicken burrito bowls were one of my very favorite recipes from all my recipe experimenting that I did to be ready to move and have my kitchen packed up.
Only a few ingredients that you literally dump into the instant pot. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Yes, only 10 minutes! Then serve it alongside your favorite taco and burrito toppings.
We love topping ours with shredded lettuce, cheese (lots and lots of cheese!), chopped tomato, avocado slices, and then crunching up some tortilla chips for on top. My kids love scooping up the chicken burrito filling with a chip.
You could also use this chicken burrito filling to make actual burritos. Roll it up into a tortilla with your toppings and then eat it as a burrito. It would also be great for a taco filling, quesadillas, or nachos. Lots of different ways to serve this chicken burrito filling.
So while we are eating cold cereal and whatever else I can find in our fridge, I really hope you all enjoy these Instant Pot chicken burrito bowls. My kitchen is all packed up so we will be eating out for the next several days. Eating out in my world usually means the McDonalds drive-through. I am totally not a fan but my kids are literally obsessed with the chicken nuggets there.
They whine and complain about the food I make but love the chicken nuggets….hmmm, go figure 🙂
How to make Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Cut up 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs) into large 1″ chunks. You don’t want them too small or else they will dry out during the cook time. But, if they’re too big they won’t cook all the way through. Aim for a large 1″ chunk of chicken.
- Add the chicken along with the seasonings, and 1/4 cup of the chicken broth into your instant pot. Stir it around making sure that all the chicken gets coated in the seasonings.
- Add a can of corn, salsa, and a can of black beans. Stir together.
- Add the basmati rice and the remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth. DO NOT STIR it in with the other ingredients. This is so important. Just dump it in and put the lid one.
- Close the valve and set the cook time to high pressure for 10 minutes. If you own a name brand Instant Pot then do this by selecting ‘manual’ and putting the time to 10 minutes. If you own a Crock Pot brand express cooker then you will have to press the ‘rice’ button or the ‘beans’ button and then decrease the cook time to 10 minutes at high pressure. The Crock Pot brand express cooker does not have a manual button, which is why you have to do it this way.
- Serve a scoop of the chicken burrito filling and then top with all your favorite taco/burrito toppings.
If you don’t have an instant pot then try out these other burrito bowl recipes
- crock pot fritos taco bowls
- slow cooker cheesy chicken burrito bowls
- slow cooker southwestern chicken rice bowls
- turkey taco burrito bowls
- chicken burrito skillet
- chicken fajita burrito bowls
If you love all things Instant Pot then try out these other recipes too
- instant pot santa fe chicken burrito bowls
- instant pot cashew chicken
- instant pot chicken tortilla soup
- instant pot Mexican rice
- instant pot quinoa burrito bowls
Instant Pot chicken burrito bowls can be on the dinner table in 30 minutes! All your favorite things about a burrito but made into a delicious burrito bowl. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomato, avocado for a quick & easy family approved dinner. If you're looking for the best Instant Pot chicken recipe then this is it!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" chunks (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet yellow corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup long-grain rice or basmati rice (I prefer basmati rice)
- chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips for toppings
Add chicken, taco seasoning packet and other spices, and 1/4 cup of the chicken broth into the instant pot. Stir together making sure that the chicken is coated in the spices.
Dump in the corn, black beans, and salsa. Stir together.
Add the uncooked rice on top of the chicken mixture (DO NOT stir) and then pour the remaining 3/4 cup chicken broth on top (again, DO NOT stir it in).
Place lid on the instant pot making sure the pressure release valve is closed/sealed. Set the cook time manually to 10 minutes at high pressure.
** If you use a Crock Pot Express Cooker then you will have to press the 'rice' or the 'bean/chili' button and then decrease the time to 10 minutes. It does not have a manual button like the Instant Pot.
Let pressure naturally release for 5 minutes and then do a quick release by opening the valve. Stir together the chicken burrito filling.
Serve a scoop of the burrito filling into a bowl and then top with all your favorite toppings.
I use a packet of milk taco seasoning. You can use regular chicken broth or low-sodium chicken broth. Either will work. Use a salsa that you really love. I always buy the fresh salsa that you find in the produce area of the grocery store.
If you want some spice then add in a 4 oz can of green chilies with the corn and beans. Or use some cayenne red pepper and add it in with the other seasonings.
The calorie count does not include any toppings. It is for 1 serving of the chicken burrito filling.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST