VEGETABLE BEEF NOODLE SOUP
Vegetable beef noodle soup is a comforting soup full of ground beef, canned vegetables, egg noodles, that simmers in a stewed tomato beef broth base.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR VEGETABLE BEEF NOODLE SOUP
Onion - Use a white onion or a yellow onion
Salt, Pepper, Basil, Parsley
Beef Broth - You need 2 cans for this soup recipe
Stewed Tomatoes - These add so much flavor so be sure you get the canned stewed tomatoes. The tomatoes come in big chunks but you will blend it up before adding it into the soup so don't worry about that.
Petite Diced Tomatoes
Canned Mixed Vegetables
TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS
- Be sure and drain the grease from the ground beef so you don't end up with an oily broth.
- When I make this recipe I use 1 can of regular, full-salt beef broth + 1 can of 50% reduced sodium beef broth. I find that for us, it's the perfect salt combination. I don't add any additional besides to the meat (as recipe calls for) and the canned beef broth. If you choose to use no salt or low sodium for both cans of broth, then you may need to add additional salt at the end.
- You don't have to blend up the stewed tomatoes but I would recommend it. The stewed tomatoes provide so much flavor but they are really large pieces of tomato. If you don't want to blend them up, just skip that step and add them directly into the pot.
- Don't let the canned vegetables throw you off. It's so easy and you honestly would never even know they're canned. If you are totally against it, then maybe try frozen mixed vegetables.
Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 can (15 oz) mixed vegetables drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1½ cups uncooked egg noodles
- Brown the ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Crumble beef as it cooks. Once beef is no longer pink drain the grease.
- Blend up the can of stewed tomatoes in a blender and add to the soup pot with the cooked beef. Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, basil, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in the uncooked egg noodles, and cover the pot with a lid. Turn heat to low and let the soup cook for 12-15 minutes.