Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup is full of ground beef, stewed tomato beef broth base, simple canned vegetables, egg noodles, and dried seasonings. This soup is so hearty, comforting, and it's ready for the dinner table in just 30 minutes! Easy to make with simple & inexpensive ingredients.
Try my Vegetable Beef Soup if you want a recipe without noodles.
Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
Vegetable beef noodle soup is a comforting soup full of ground beef, canned vegetables, and egg noodles that simmer in a stewed tomato beef broth base with dried seasonings.
This soup recipe is so simple to make because it calls for canned vegetables, which means you don't need to sauté and soften veggies for the soup. Trust me, the canned vegetables are a 'easy hack' to get a delicious soup on the dinner table with not much effort on your part. No one has ever guessed that they're canned!
A slow simmered soup that's easy to make is my favorite dinner. Pair it with some One Hour Rolls or even some Breadsticks and you have a perfect dinner.
- Ground Beef - I prefer using a lean ground beef like 96/4 or 93/7 but you do drain the excess grease after cooking the ground beef, so you would be fine using whatever you prefer.
- Onion - A yellow onion has more mild flavor which is why I use it. A white onion can also be used or a sweet Vidalia onion.
- Salt & Pepper -This seasons the ground beef while it's cooking. We want to make sure that we season in layers when making this recipe. So each addition to the soup is perfectly tasty and seasoned.
- Beef Broth - 2 cans is what this recipe calls for. You can use regular salted or 50% reduced-sodium beef broth. I use one can of each when I make it.
- Stewed Tomatoes - These are chunky which is why we will blend them up before adding them into the soup pot. Stewed tomatoes provide so much more flavor than regular canned tomatoes or crushed tomatoes, which is why the recipe calls for them.
- Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Canned Mixed Vegetables - Trust me! Using the canned vegetables is an easy hack for this soup. They're already softened which means there is no extra step needed to sauté and cook them.
- Dried Basil
- Dried Parsley
- Egg Noodles - No need to pre cook the egg noodles. Just add them into the soup pot dry & uncooked.
How To Make Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup
Learn how to make this easy soup recipe with the steps below. Be sure and read to the bottom of the post where you will find a printable recipe card, a pin it button to save it for later, and a detailed recipe card with all the ingredients needed and directions for how to make it.
- Ground Beef : Cook the ground beef along with the onion, salt, and pepper inside a soup pot. You can also use a separate pan if wanted. Crumble the ground beef as it cooks and once it's no longer pink, drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Stewed Tomatoes : Pour the can of stewed tomatoes into a blender and blend until smooth. Add this into the soup pot with the ground beef.
- Soup : Add the remaining ingredients (not the noodles) and bring it to a boil.
- Egg Noodles + Simmer : Once boiling, add in the uncooked egg noodles and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot with a lid and turn the heat to low. Let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Here are a few of my helpful tips so that you can have success making it in your own kitchen ♥
- Drain Ground Beef Grease : It's important to drain out the excess grease after cooking the ground beef. This will prevent the beef broth base from being oily.
- Beef Broth : You can use regular salted beef broth or the 50%reduced-sodium beef broth. I use one of each when I make this soup.
- Stewed Tomatoes : These have so much flavor but the larger chunks can be a turn off for most people, which is why the recipe calls for the stewed tomatoes to be blended up before adding them in. You can leave them in the larger chunks if wanted, and then use a mixing spoon to break them up inside the soup. This will results in chunkier pieces of the stewed tomatoes inside the soup.
- Simmer : Be sure and let the soup simmer for at least 10-15 minutes or until the egg noodles are cooked to your liking.
- Seasonings : This recipe is very adaptable when it comes to the seasonings. Feel free to add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, additional basil, salt, pepper, whatever you want! We love it as is but you can also make it your own.
- Canned Vegetables : Just try them if you're on the fence about using canned veggies. It's an easy option to get the soup ready in 30 minutes for dinner. You can use frozen veggies if wanted, but you will need to cook the soup for longer once you add the veggies (before adding the noodles).
- Leftovers : Store leftovers in an airtight container, in the fridge, for 3-4 days. Leftovers will be thicker because the noodles will soak up any broth. Simply add some additional water or beef broth when reheating leftovers. I don't recommend freezing this soup recipe.
More Soup Recipes You'll Love
- Creamy Broccoli Wild Rice Soup
- Hamburger Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Easy One Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Vegetable Soup
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken Detox Soup
Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 can (15 oz) mixed vegetables drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1½ cups uncooked egg noodles
- Brown the ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Crumble beef as it cooks. Once beef is no longer pink drain the grease.
- Blend up the can of stewed tomatoes in a blender and add to the soup pot with the cooked beef. Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, basil, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in the uncooked egg noodles, and cover the pot with a lid. Turn heat to low and let the soup cook for 12-15 minutes.
You're the definition of a wonderful cook! Can't wait to try them all!
We are eating this right now. We used all organic ingredients from Aldi and we added no extra salt or pepper. Soup = love here in New England and this one can be thrown together in minutes. Great for a work night with a little bread. Fabulous! Dinner tonight for a family of 3 under 20 dollars, and we used organic grass-fed beef.
Can this be made in the crock pot?
Together As Family
I have not tested the recipe in the slow cooker. You could try it, but I would for sure cook the ground beef before adding into the slow cooker and then add the noodles in the last 30 minutes or so of the cook time.
ALL soups can be made in a crock pot
This is a great soup and easy to: make. We will certainly make this again. Thank you.
I did not have stewed tomatoes. I used a large can of Italian flavored chopped tomatoes. I also cut up carrots, 1 can green beans, handful of frozen peas, and 1 can of corn. The soup turned out so good. The recipe would’ve been easier if I had mixed vegetables, but I usually don’t keep that on hand. Thanks. I will make this again.
It was good but 1 tsp of oregano was way too much and I made about 1 1/2 of the recipe. I also added a couple potatoes chopped up and some corn starch to thicken the broth. I will make it again but will use 1/4 tsp of oregano.
i loved reading your helpful notes. Great addition. LOVE this soupa
Made this soup for dinner last night and it was not only simple to make with ingredients on hand but tasted absolutely delicious! A wonderful way to warm up now that the weather has taken a brisk turn in the PNW. Will definitely make again!
Together As Family
So happy to hear this! I grew up in the PNW about 40 minutes from the Oregon coast. So beautiful there and I love taking my family back now. Warm soup is the perfect food for colder weather. Thanks for your comment.
This sounds yummy! My husband has been asking for a veggie soup with stew meat so I may use that instead of ground beef. Love your site, thanks so much!
Together as Family
Thank you for your comment! I hope you both love it!