Vegetable Beef Soup is so easy to make with convenient ingredients! Ground beef, stewed tomato beef broth base, and vegetables with egg noodles. Cooks in one pot on the stove and is ready in 30 minutes.
VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP
Ever since posting my recipe for tomato hamburger vegetable soup it’s been one of the most popular recipes on the blog. The reviews speak for themselves.
Just like that soup, this new recipe today is the same idea. Ground beef in a flavorful tomato beef broth base, vegetables, and noodles.
I love the simplicity and ease of this vegetable beef noodle soup. Convenient canned items make this a cinch to make!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 2 cans beef broth
- canned stewed tomatoes
- can of petite diced tomatoes
- can of mixed vegetables
- dried basil & parsley
- egg noodles
MY TIPS FOR MAKING VEGETABLE BEED SOUP WITH NOODLES
- Be sure and drain the grease from the ground beef so you don’t end up with an oily broth. Or, just buy the leanest ground beef possible and then you probably don’t have to worry about draining.
- When I make this recipe I use 1 can of regular, full-salt beef broth + 1 can of 50% reduced sodium beef broth. I find that for us, it’s the perfect salt combination. I don’t add any additional besides to the meat (as recipe calls for) and the canned beef broth. If you choose to use no salt or low sodium for both cans of broth, then you may need to add additional salt at the end.
- You don’t have to blend up the stewed tomatoes but I would recommend it. The stewed tomatoes provide so much flavor but they are really large pieces of tomato. If you don’t want to blend them up, just skip that step and add them directly into the pot.
- Don’t let the canned vegetables throw you off. It’s so easy and you honestly would never even know they’re canned. If you are totally against it, then maybe try frozen mixed vegetables.
Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 oz) Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz each) beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (15 oz) mixed vegetables (drained)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Brown the ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Crumble beef as it cooks. Once beef is no longer pink drain the grease.
- Blend up the can of stewed tomatoes in a blender and add to the soup pot with the cooked beef. Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, mixed vegetables, basil, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in the uncooked egg noodles, and cover the pot with a lid. Turn heat to low and let the soup cook for 12-15 minutes.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST