Chicken gets slow cooked all day in a flavorful and creamy honey lime salsa verde sauce. Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and serve with your favorite taco toppings! This chicken is so flavorful and super tender!
I’ve got another super easy and super delish dinner idea for you today. These honey lime salsa verde ranch chicken tacos (phew! that’s a mouthful of a title 🙂 ) were actually a happy accident. You see, I had intended to make these tacos but then as I was already in the process of stirring it all together I realized I had no taco seasoning! I could have made my HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING but I was under a time crunch because I was supposed to have already left to get my daughter from preschool.
I saw this HOMEMADE RANCH SEASONING MIX sitting in my spice cupboard and I thought that it would be tasty. So I added it and darted out the door to make it to preschool pick-up on time.
And let me tell you, they were dee-licious! So creamy, and flavorful and it pairs perfectly with all the fresh veggies. The recipe calls for salsa verde or tomatillo salsa, which is a green salsa and they’re not spicy. On it’s own, it has a small flavor kick but when paired with the creamy sour cream and sweet honey its perfection.
I served these in those new tortilla taco boats. Have you seen them? I love using them, especially with kids, because all the toppings + chicken stay inside the little boat and kids seem to like “eating from a boat” 🙂
You could also crunchy corn taco shells, small flour tortillas, or I’ve even seen some crunchy corn shells that are flat. All this cool stuff.
Don’t forget the shredded lettuce, cheese, diced tomato, and avocado. You really don’t need the sour cream because the chicken is already so creamy, but it certainly would not hurt these by adding more 🙂
I always find the salsa verde or the tomatillo salsa by the jarred salsa. The salsa verde will have more of a kick to it and the tomatillo salsa is more mild. I've always used the tomatillo salsa when I make this. They're essentially the same thing so just pick your favorite.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- 1 jar (14-16 oz) green salsa verde or tomatilla salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix or 2-3 tablespoons homemade seasoning mix
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine honey, lime juice, salsa verde, sour cream, and ranch seasoning mix. Mix together with a whisk until all combined.
- Pour over the chicken. Cover. Cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- Shred chicken in the slow cooker about 30 minutes prior to serving. Let sit in the juices until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with taco toppings + whatever shells or tortillas you want.
‘PIN’ this image to Pinterest and share the deliciousness. Thank You! ♥ ♥ ♥
Do you want more easy Mexican food dinner ideas? Try these family favorites!