HONEY LIME SALSA VERDE CHICKEN TACOS
If there is one meal that I can always count on for a quick dinner to put together in the morning, it's these honey lime salsa verde ranch chicken tacos that are made in the slow cooker.
It is a dump & go recipe that you literally dump into the crock pot and walk away. The creamy sauce that consists of salsa verde, honey, fresh lime juice, sour cream, and ranch is so delicious and a fun twist to regular shredded chicken tacos.
HOW TO MAKE SHREDDED CHICKEN TACOS IN THE SLOW COOKER
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts - You need 6 chicken breasts OR if the chicken is really large then only use 4 of them. About 2-3 pounds of chicken for the recipe.
Salsa Verde - You will find this by the other jarred salsa in the grocery store. It's a green tomatillo salsa that says 'salsa verde' on the front of the jar.
Fresh Lime Juice - For best taste use fresh lime juice from 2 limes.
Ranch Seasoning Mix Packet - Do not prepare this just dump in the seasoning mix and that's it!
HOW TO SERVE HONEY LIME SALSA VERDE RANCH CHICKEN TACOS
My favorite thing about this chicken is that it makes a lot which means it's perfect to use in another recipe that calls for shredded chicken like these skillet crispy burritos or this fiesta chicken casserole. Or you can make another meal out of it and have tacos again.
- use inside burritos
- make shredded chicken quesadillas
- baked chicken nachos
- on top of salads
- make chicken taco bowls (rice on bottom, layer with shredded chicken and toppings)
- top it with some of my salsa verde guacamole or my creamy salsa verde ranch dressing
TRY THESE OTHER TACO RECIPES
- slow cooker chicken enchilada tacos
- queso chicken tacos
- ground chicken baked tacos
- easy fish tacos
- bbq beef ranchero tacos
- best ever taco meat
- salsa verde ground beef tacos
Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2-3 lbs
- 1 jar (16 oz) salsa verde
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice 2 limes
- 1 packet (1 oz) ranch seasoning mix
- Spray insert of a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a glass measuring cup or mixing bowl, add the salsa verde, sour cream, honey, fresh lime juice, and ranch seasoning packet. Whisk until combined. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover with the lid and cook on LOW heat for 6 hours.
- Either take the chicken out and shred it with two forks OR you can shred the chicken inside the slow cooker with two forks. It is fall apart tender so it's really easy to shred. Add shredded chicken back into the sauce and stir together. Either serve right away or leave it on the WARM setting until you're ready.
- ** There is lots of liquid inside the slow cooker after adding the shredded chicken back in. That's ok! That is what provides the flavor and moist chicken instead of dry chicken in tacos. Simply serve the shredded chicken with a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Serve tacos with choice of toppings! We love eating these as soft tacos with the small flour tortillas. You can also use crunchy corn taco shells, use the chicken inside burritos, salads, nachos. Really anything cause it's so yummy.
They are amazing!!!!! Thank you for the new family favorite recipe.
Do you know how long to cook this in the instapot?