This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
ONE POT PIZZA PASTA
One pot pizza pasta is a family favorite dinner that is ready in just 30 minutes! Ground beef, green pepper, mini pepperoni, small shell pasta simmer in a seasoned pizza sauce beef broth base.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA PASTA IN ONE POT
Ground Beef – If wanted, feel free to use some Italian sausage instead. I only use ground beef because my kids say sausage is too spicy. But if you want some spice then use it.
Mini Pepperoni – I love using the mini pepperoni but if you can’t find it or don’t want to use it then feel free to use 1 cup of chopped pepperoni.
Green Pepper, Onion, Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper – Cook these with the ground beef.
Beef Broth – Recipe has been tested with full salt beef broth. If you use reduced sodium beef-broth then you may want to add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon additional salt (or maybe not depending on preference).
Water – Don’t try and use all beef broth instead of the water + beef broth. It will be way too salty!
Italian Seasoning, Dried Basil
Mozzarella Cheese – For best results shred your own cheese from a block. It melts much better into the pasta. Pre-shredded cheeses have a powdery substance on them to keep the cheese from sticking together in the bag (which makes it not melt as well) but it will still work fine if that’s what you have or if it’s what you prefer.
MY TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Be sure and drain the extra grease from the ground beef & pepperoni mixture. Otherwise it will be too greasy and your pot will have a oil layer on top when it’s done cooking.
- After testing this recipe many times the small shell pasta works the best. If you must use another pasta, then be sure and use a similar sized pasta like elbow pasta. If you use anything larger then you may need to increase the cook time.
- Use any cheese you want! You could even add some parmesan cheese or use pepper jack for some spice.
- You can use reduced sodium beef broth but you may need to add an additional 1/4 teaspoon (more or less to preference) depending on preference. The recipe as written has been tested with full salt beef broth.
TRY THESE OTHER EASY ONE POT DINNER RECIPES
- one pot white chicken chili
- chicken burrito skillet
- chicken caesar pasta
- teriyaki beef and rice
- beef taco pasta skillet
- skillet cashew chicken
- turkey taco rice skillet
One Pot Pizza Pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef I use 93/7
- 1 bag (5 oz) mini pepperoni
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (14.75 oz beef broth
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups small shell pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet pan (with high sides and a lid) add the ground beef, mini pepperoni, green pepper, onion, garlic, and salt. Cook and crumble until the beef is no longer pink (about 5-7 minutes). Drain the extra grease from the skillet.
- Add the beef broth, pizza sauce, water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and basil. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the dried small shell pasta and bring to another boil. Once boiling, cover the pot with the lid and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 20 minutes. * At 20 minutes cook time all the water should be absorbed. If not, let it cook (covered) for a few more minutes.
- Add shredded cheese and stir it into the past to let it melt together. Serve immediately!