ROOT BEER FLOAT PIE
This root beer float pie will be the hit dessert of the summer! Taste exactly like a root beer float in frozen pie form. It’s so creamy, cool, and just perfect for summertime!
Bonus is that this no bake pie can be made in minutes. Yes minutes.
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE ROOT BEER FLOAT PIE RECIPE
Graham Cracker Crust – I use this one or a shortbread crust if I can find it at the store. You could go all out and make your won but why not make it easy?!
Milk – The higher fat percentage the better. You want the fat and the thickness to help set the pie up. I always use whole milk or half & half milk (which is half milk and half cream).
Root Beer Concentrate – Some have a hard time finding this but I never have. Look by the other extracts (by the spices and seasonings) at the grocery store. The box will specifically say ‘root beer concentrate’ on it.
Instant Vanilla Pudding – Ignore the directions on the box and just follow the recipe below.
Cool Whip – Again, when it comes to dairy I prefer the higher-fat products over the lite and sugar-free stuff. But feel free to use what you prefer here.
Whipped Cream & Maraschino Cherries – It says optional in the recipe but you should really add it! The homemade whipped cream layer on top adds so much to the pie. I serve each piece with a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry on top. It makes for a pretty presentation.
MY TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
– For best taste & texture I would highly recommend using real root beer (not diet), no sugar-free pudding mix, and whole milk. If you want to sub anything with a lite product then use lite Cool Whip. I have never made this using the sugar-free and diet products so I can’t say for sure how it turns out or how the taste is affected.
– Wait to top the pie with the whipped cream until just before serving. You can either pipe it on (as shown in pictures) or just spread it on top of the pie. The pie is so much better with that layer of fresh whipped cream so don’t leave it off.
TRY THESE OTHER NO BAKE PIE RECIPES
- black forest cheesecake pie
- triple layer lemon pudding pie
- lemon cheesecake pie
- pistachio cheesecake pie
- oreo cream pie
- no bake snickers cream pie
- nutella pie
- toffee cheesecake pie
Root Beer Float Pie
- 3/4 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup milk higher fat % is better, I use half & half
- 2 tablespoons root beer concentrate
- 1 box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 oz) Cool Whip thawed
- 1 (6 oz) ready-to-use graham cracker OR shortbread crumb crust
Garnishes (optional but highly recommend)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- maraschino cherries
- In large mixing bowl combine the root beer, milk, and root beer concentrate. Sprinkle the vanilla pudding mix over it. Whisk together for 1-2 minutes and then let it sit for 5 minutes so it can thicken.
- Fold in the thawed cool whip and mix together until it is combined together well. Pour into the prepared crumb crust and evenly spread it out.
- Cover with enclosed lid (the plastic lid from graham cracker crust) and place in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight. Eat & serve straight from the freezer. Store any leftovers in the freezer.
- Before serving prepare the whipped cream topping (if using). Beat together the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl until thick and stiff peaks form. This will take about 5 minutes. Serve a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry over top of each piece. Or you can spread the whipped cream topping over top the pie and then cut into slices.
- Eat & serve straight from the freezer. Store any leftovers in the freezer.