Creamy, cool, light & refreshing! This root beer float pie is the perfect treat on those hot summer days. Only a few minutes of prep and then some freezer time and you have an easy, no bake pie that tastes EXACTLY like a root beer float!
As you can probably tell by this blog, I bake & cook A LOT! I am happy & stress free when I am in the kitchen making a treat for the kids, baking up a dessert, or making dinner. I am always making some sort of treat or snack for the kids to munch on as well.
Why do I tell you this?? Because sometimes there are things that I make that are way too good to not share right away with y’all! Like this pie! And trust me when I say that I have TONS of recipes waiting to share and this one was bumped to the top of that list!
I literally made this while my kids were getting their pajamas on. It took just minutes and then I stuck it in the freezer overnight. Easy!
We ate some the next day, maybe for breakfast or not 🙂 , because I was so anxious to see if it actually tastes like a root beer float. I was not let down. It’s frozen, creamy, cool, and tastes so light and refreshing.
You could also very easily make this pie low sugar/calories as well. Just use fat free cool whip, 1% or lower milk, diet root beer, and sugar free pudding mix. I can’t vouch for the taste or texture using ALL fat free/sugar free products, but it is nice to know that this could be a “health(ier)” summer dessert.
I will say that I prefer the full-fat regular versions in this pie. It adds a richness and creaminess that you just can’t get with the lite & low-calorie products.
Serve with some additional whipped cream and maraschino cherries. My husband is actually the only one that likes maraschino cherries so whenever I make this he is always the one who has to eat everyone’s cherry off their slice of pie!
I hope you love this frozen and creamy cool treat! Perfect way to cool off on a hot summer afternoon!
Root Beer Float Pie
- 3/4 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons root beer concentrate
- 1 box (3 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker or Nilla wafer crumb crust
- additional whipped cream & maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
- In large mixing bowl combine the root beer, milk, and root beer concentrate. Sprinkle the vanilla pudding mix over it. Whisk together for 2 minutes and let it sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
- Fold in the thawed cool whip and mix together until it is combined together well. Pour into the prepared crumb crust and evenly spread it out.
- Cover with enclosed lid and place in the freezer for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight. Eat & serve straight from the freezer. Store any leftovers in the freezer.