This really is the best Bean Salad ever! Easy, simple ingredients, fresh vegetables, and honey mustard salad dressing combine to make the tastiest, creamiest bean salad ever.
BEAN SALAD RECIPE
I know a bean salad probably is not the most impressive dish, but who doesn’t need the perfect potluck type salad to take to summer gatherings.
Surprisingly, this bean salad is usually one of the first to go. It’s the perfect combination of beans, fresh vegetables and a super simple sweet & creamy honey mustard dressing.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY BEAN SALAD
- Drain & rinse all the canned beans
- Chop up the veggies- cucumber, sweet onion, and red bell pepper
- Make sure the corn is thawed to a cool room temperature
- Combine everything into a large mixing bowl
- Pour the prepared honey mustard salad dressing over and stir well
- Leave it in the fridge for a few hours before serving for best results
I love the easy & simple honey mustard salad dressing. It really gives this salad such a creamy, slightly tangy, and sweet flavor.
I have used regular full-fat honey mustard dressing and the lite version, and I actually prefer using the lite honey mustard dressing. It’s not as thick and sweet tasting as the full-fat version.
Be sure and use a salad dressing you LOVE! I always get the Ken’s lite Honey Mustard Salad Dressing because that’s the one I prefer.
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- As it sits in the fridge some liquid will pool up in the bottom from the salad dressing and liquid from the veggies. Be sure to give it a nice stir before serving, and serve with a slotted spoon.
- Leftovers keep well for a few days so it’s perfect for lunch.
- Be sure to cut your vegetables all the same size. I like to keep the veggies cut the same size as the beans and corn. That way you don’t have any large pieces of one ingredient.
- You can use full-fat honey mustard dressing or lite honey mustard salad dressing. I actually prefer the lite version because it’s not as thick and it’s less sweet tasting.
- You can use frozen yellow corn, white corn, or the bag of yellow & white corn.
- Be sure and set out the frozen corn to thaw on the counter 1 hour before making the salad. It’s best not to thaw it in the microwave because you don’t want it warm/hot when you add it into the salad.
The Best Bean Salad
This really is the best bean salad ever! Easy, simple ingredients and fresh vegetables combine to make the tastiest, creamiest bean salad. Perfect side dish for a gathering, potluck, or BBQ. This bean salad uses convenient honey mustard salad dressing that gives it a creamy sweet flavor.
- 1 can light kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen corn (thawed slightly but still cold)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled & finely chopped
- 3/4 - 1 cup lite honey mustard salad dressing
Combine all the beans, corn, red pepper, cucumber, and onion in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Pour honey mustard dressing over it and stir to combine together.
For best results, let sit in the fridge for 4-6 hours so it can get cold and the flavors can develop. Serve with a slotted spoon as liquid will pool up in the bottom from the veggies and salad dressing.
I prefer using lite salad dressing in this salad but you can use the regular, full-fat if that's what you prefer.
Try to cut all the veggies the same size as the beans.
To thaw the corn to a cold temperature I just put it on the counter about 1 hour before making the recipe. This way it thaws slightly but is still cold and maybe still slightly frozen (which is fine). You just don't want it warm/hot at all.
The cans of beans are all the standard 15 oz cans
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST