This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Green Chili & Corn Chicken Enchiladas are an easy family dinner that can be on the table in almost 30 minutes! Use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken, canned fiesta corn, cheese, and green enchilada sauce.
Chicken enchiladas with creamy green chili enchilada sauce, canned fiesta corn, chicken, and cheese all wrapped up in flour tortillas. These are so simple to make with leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
Green Chili Enchilada Sauce – This is just green enchilada sauce!
Fiesta Corn – Canned corn with bell peppers in it. Try to find this because it makes a big difference in the enchiladas. It specifically says ‘fiesta corn’ on the can and you will find it by the other canned corn.
Shredded or Chunked Chicken – I love using a rotisserie chicken but you can also use canned chicken or leftover chicken.
Shredded Cheese – I use Colby Jack cheese but use any kind you like. Pepper Jack is a great cheese to use for some spice. Another good option is Monterey Jack cheese.
Cumin & Garlic Powder
Heavy Cream – This mixes with the green enchilada sauce and it makes the creamiest sauce ever! Don’t substitute the heavy cream with anything.
8″or 9″ Flour Tortillas – I love to use the carb balance tortillas but any flour tortilla will work just fine.
Chopped Cilantro – For garnish and it’s optional
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THESE EASY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- Use leftover shredded or chunked chicken. Most of the time I just pick up a Rotisserie chicken and use that. This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover shredded chicken taco meat.
- You can use any cheese you want. I prefer the Colby-Jack cheese but any kind would work!
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, avocado slices, shredded lettuce, and tomato.
TRY THESE OTHER MEXICAN FOOD DINNER RECIPES
- Quick & Easy Chicken Flautas – Super easy dinner recipe that uses canned chicken, cream cheese, and spices rolled up in flour tortillas. Spraying the flautas with cooking spray makes them crisp up perfectly in the oven.
- Chicken Burrito Skillet – One skillet pan is all you need for this dinner recipe. Chicken, rice, black beans, tomatoes, spices simmer in chicken broth until it’s cooked. Top it with your favorite toppings.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Queso Tacos – Shredded chicken tacos with queso!
- Honey Lime Ranch Chicken Tacos – One of my favorites! Chicken, lime juice, salsa verde, ranch seasoning packet, and honey cook in the slow cooker and it makes the most perfect and flavorful chicken ever.
- Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos – Honey, fresh lime juice, and chili powder are the best marinade for these chicken taquitos that bake in the oven. No deep frying!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup – Everything you love about enchiladas but in a warm and comforting soup.
Green Chili & Corn Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 can (10 oz) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (11 oz) fiesta corn drained
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 flour tortillas 8-inch size
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish, optional
- Heat oven to 375°. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/4 cup of the green enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Open can of corn and reserve 1/4 cup of it for the top of enchiladas.
- In a mixing bowl combine shredded chicken, the remaining fiesta corn, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, cumin, and garlic powder. Mix together until combined.
- Spoon a heaping 1/3 cup of chicken filling into the center of the tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Stir together the remaining green enchilada sauce and heavy cream. Pour over the enchiladas. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Take enchiladas out of oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup cheese, 1/4 cup reserved corn, and chopped cilantro. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with all your favorite taco toppings.