Learn how to make Jalapeño Ranch Dip, a simple recipe for a thick & creamy dip with jalapeños, green chile enchilada sauce, garlic, and ranch seasoning mix. This quick & easy recipe for Jalapeño Ranch Dip has lots of tips and serving suggestions for this dip recipe.
Jalapeño Ranch Dip
This jalapeño ranch dip is always served in my kitchen when I make some sort of Mexican food for dinner! It is so good on so many things!
There are lots of ways to use this dip and if you read below you'll get all my tips and serving suggestions for this dip recipe. It's easy to make because you just combine everything into a blender and bend until smooth. Lots of flavor too with ingredients like jalapeño, cilantro, ranch seasoning mix, and green chile enchilada sauce.
Ingredients Needed + How to Make It
This recipe calls for a few simple ingredients! Read how to make this dip recipe and then scroll down below for the full recipe card and instructions.
- Cilantro - No need to chop all the stems off. It's going in the blender anyways so everything will be smooth.
- Milk - Use whichever milk you want. I normally use whole milk when cooking with milk. Just note that if you use a lower-fat milk, which is thinner, you may not need as much of it to get the dressing to the consistency that you want.
- Green Chile Enchilada Sauce - Use mild, medium, or hot depending on what spice level you want.
- Sour Cream
- Mayonnaise - This provides a rich and creamy base for the dip.
- Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Jalapeño - Remove the seeds and membrane for less spice, and keep them on if you want more spice. I use one whole jalapeño when I make it with the seeds and white membrane removed. It's a mild spice and my kids still eat it. Use two if you want more of a kick!
- Garlic - Use a whole garlic clove that you mince/press, garlic paste from a tube, or chopped garlic from a jar.
Making this jalapeño ranch dip is even easier! Only one step needed and that is to combine all the ingredients into a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth and combined. Pour it into a container with a lid and let it refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.
Tips For Success
Here are a few tips that will hopefully make this recipe a hit in your own kitchen.
- Refrigeration : This dip is 100x better after it has had time to refrigerate. But keep in mind that the longer it's in the fridge, the thicker it gets. I make this about 2-4 hours before I need to serve it. That way it has a few hours to sit in the fridge and the flavors have time to deepen and combine.
- Use a Good Blender or Food Processor : You want to make sure to blend this dip until it's completely smooth and no chunks of anything remain. it might take 1-2 minutes, but be sure you are blending it completely.
- Cilantro : I know some don't like the taste of cilantro but you need it in this recipe. If you leave it out, or don't use enough, the dip won't be green like a jalapeño ranch dip should be. I don't worry about removing the stems on the cilantro because it's going to get blended up in the blender anyways. Plus, it adds more flavor and green color to the dip.
Variation & Substitution Ideas
There are several ways that you change up this recipe for jalapeño ranch dip! Here are a few suggestions to make this recipe your own.
- Extra Spicy! : This dip as is, is mildly spicy. If you want to take the spice up a notch then don't remove the seeds and white membrane from the jalapeño. You could also use two jalapeños instead of one. Add a dash of cayenne red pepper into the blender. Use a can of hot green chili enchilada sauce.
- Green Chile Enchilada Sauce : They have this in mild, medium, and hot spice level. Use whichever one you prefer. If you can't find this item, or don't want to use it, there are several things you can substitute with. Try using some salsa verde or green tomatillo salsa in it's place.
- Lower-Fat : I have never done this but there are a few ways to make this dip healthier and lower-fat. Use plain Greek yogurt in place of the mayonnaise. You can also use lite sour cream if wanted. Depending on the fat content of the products you use, will change the consistency of the dip slightly. A lower fat sour cream is thinner and therefore will produce a slightly thinner dip. Another option is to use a lower-fat milk like 1% or fat-free milk. Again, if you use lower-fat milk, it will produce a thinner dip so you may not need as much of it.
How to Store Leftovers
Leftovers keep well in the fridge, in an air-tight container, for up to 4-5 days.
Leftovers will thicken the longer it sits in the fridge so be sure you give it a good stir, but if that is not getting it where you want it, then try adding a small amount of milk or additional green chili enchilada sauce to it.
Serving Suggestions for Jalapeño Ranch Dip
I love this dip because there are so many ways to serve it! Here are different serving suggestions for this jalapeño ranch dip!
- Serve as an appetizer/dip with tortilla chips or fresh cut veggies.
- Use as a dressing for taco bowls or burrito bowls. We love to use it with these Turkey Taco Bowls and these Instant Pot Santa Fe Chicken Burrito Bowls.
- I make taquitos almost weekly for dinner at my house and this dip is the perfect thing to dip taquitos in. We love these Quick & Easy Chicken Flautas or these Cheesy Chicken Taquitos.
- Use as a topping for taco night! Try my recipe for Ground Turkey Tacos, these Oven Baked Ground Chicken Tacos, or Crockpot Shredded Chicken Tacos.
- Use as a dip for quesadillas or for inside the quesadillas.
- This jalapeño ranch dips makes a perfect topping for nachos. It's a fun dinner idea to do a nacho bar with tortilla chips and all the toppings!
My favorite way to serve this dip is when I make taquitos or flautas for dinner. We love to drizzle some of the dip over this Easy Mexican Rice. Another way that we love to serve this recipe is with some really good tortilla chips. It's kind of like chips + salsa, but with jalapeño ranch dip, and you won't be able to stop!
More Dip & Dressing Recipes You'll Love
- Avocado Dip
- Vegetable Ranch Dip
- 7 Layer Dip
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Greek Dip
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Copycat Cafe Rio Dressing (Copycat Recipe)
Jalapeño Ranch Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup green chile enchilada sauce
- ½ cup milk (I use 2% or whole)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until very smooth and combined well.
- Pour into an air-tight container (with a lid, like Tupperware) and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. * This gives time for the flavors to deepen and develop, and it thickens up the sauce slightly.
- Use as a dip with tortilla chips. Topping for tacos. Dressing for taco bowls or burrito bowl. Nacho bar topping. Or a dip for taquitos. Lot's of options!