This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Ranch Corn Salad with frozen corn, bell peppers, cilantro, and green onion covered in an easy semi-homemade ranch dressing. This super simple and delicious corn side dish recipe is the perfect thing to bring to summertime gatherings. Ready to eat in just 15 minutes.
Ranch Corn Salad Recipe
This ranch corn salad is always a summertime staple for gathering, cookouts, and as a side dish to summertime grilling. Simple to make with fresh veggies, frozen corn, and a semi-homemade ranch dressing sauce poured over it.
I don’t think you can ever have too many recipes that call for ranch dressing or seasoning. Using a prepared bottle of ranch dressing is a simple way to get maximum flavor with little effort. Sometimes I will even make my Homemade Ranch Dressing for an extra yummy tasting salad.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this corn salad. I also share my tips and recommendations too!
- Frozen Corn – I like to use a bag of gold n’ white corn (yellow corn + white corn mix) but use any frozen corn you want to. All yellow corn, sweet white corn, or a mix of both is fine.
- Red Bell Pepper – I like to cut the bell pepper about the same size as the corn kernels. That way one bite is not just one big bell pepper, rather it’s a mix of everything.
- Green Bell Pepper
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Ranch Salad Dressing – Use a ranch dressing that you love! If I am using store-bought dressing, I prefer using either Litehouse brand or the Olive Garden Parmesan Ranch dressing.
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Chopped Cilantro
- Green Onions – Only slice the green part of the green onions for this salad.
How to Make Corn Salad with Frozen Corn & Ranch Dressing
Learn how to make this ranch corn salad with these easy to follow steps.
- Step One : Let the corn thaw, at room temperature on the counter, for 15-30 minutes before making the salad.
- Step Two : Add the thawed frozen corn and chopped bell peppers into a mixing bowl or the serving bowl you are using. Stir together to combine.
- Step Three : In a small bowl, mix together the ranch dressing, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, onion powder, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onion.
- Step Four : Pour the dressing over the corn salad and mix well to combine. Serve immediately. Or refrigerate for 1-2 hours for a colder salad and it allows time for the flavors to meld together.
Tips For Success
Here are a few of my tips so that you can have success with this recipe in your own kitchen!
- Corn : Be sure and let the frozen corn sit at room temperature, on the countertop, for at least 15-30 minutes before preparing the salad. Corn will be thawed and ready to eat by the time you complete the recipe. No cooking necessary.
- Ranch Dressing : Use a ranch dressing that you love the taste of! I either make my Homemade Ranch Dressing recipe, use the Litehouse brand of ranch, or the Olive Garden brand of garlic parmesan ranch dressing that you can find at the grocery store.
- Vegetables : Make sure that you chop the bell peppers into small pieces. I like to cut them about the same size as the frozen corn kernels. This ensures that one bite will have everything in it, rather than just one large piece of bell pepper.
Ranch Corn Salad FAQs
- Can I Make Corn Salad Ahead of Time?
- This salad is best served within a couple of hours of making it.
- The frozen corn will give off some liquid, which will make the corn salad watery, the longer it sits in the fridge.
- I recommend either serving it right away OR you can refrigerate it for up to 4 hours before serving. This will allow time for the flavors to develop and for the salad to get cold.
- When I make this recipe, I cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a couple hours before serving it.
- How To Store Leftovers
- Leftovers will keep well, in an air-tight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Liquid will pool up in the bottom of the container so be sure and give it a good stir to mix it all up again.
- Leftovers are great eaten as is or I like to add them to a salad.
- Substitution Ideas
- Corn : Fresh corn can be substituted for frozen corn. You will need about 2 1/2 cups of corn if using fresh corn. You can also use canned corn if wanted. Make sure it’s drained well before adding it. You will need 2 cans of corn. Feel free to use white corn, yellow corn, or gold n’ white corn when making this salad.
- Make It Spicy! : If you want some spice then try adding some red cayenne pepper in place of the black pepper. You can also add chili powder in with the other dried seasonings. Add chopped jalapeños in with the bell pepper & corn mixture.
- Seasonings : Feel free to reduce or increase, omit, or switch up the dried seasonings to your preference.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
- Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Avocado Corn & Tomato Salad
- Citrus Berry Kale Salad
- The Best Bean Salad
Ranch Corn Salad
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen corn
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (green part only)
- Prior to starting, put the frozen corn out on the counter (at room temperature) and let it thaw for 15-30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, or a serving bowl if using, mix together the semi-thawed corn and chopped bell peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ranch dressing, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and onion powder. Pour it over the bell pepper + corn mixture, and stir to combine well.
- Add the chopped cilantro and sliced green onions. Mix together.
- The corn salad can be served immediately OR if you prefer a colder salad (and it allows time for the flavors to develop), cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.
- Serve as a side dish or serve with Fritos corn chips or tortilla chips as a dip. Either way is delicious!