This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
The Best Soup Recipesall in one place! Here you will find the best collection of soup recipes from my easy one pot chicken noodle soup, to creamy milk based soups like my chicken pot pie soup, and soups that are loaded with hearty potatoes, veggies, and meat like my hamburger soup! Family friendly, easy to make with simple ingredients, and of course delicious. I hope you will find some new family favorites.
THE BEST SOUP RECIPES
It’s always soup season in my world. I love making soup anytime of year! These are all recipes that I make all the time for my own family. I hope you love this collection of the best soup recipes and find a few favorites that your family will love also.
My favorite soup is usually loaded with pasta, beans, and veggies (like my minestrone soup) but I also love the creamy milk based soups like this cream cheese chicken soup or this creamy vegetable chowder. Make some of my 1 hour soft & fluffy rolls to dip into the creamy broth!
TIPS & HELPFUL HINTS FOR MAKING SOUP RECIPES
- If you’re short on time buy some pre-chopped frozen veggies or the freshly pre-chopped veggies that you can find in the produce area of the grocery store.
- A tip that I always tell people is to use baby carrots when a soup recipe calls for carrots. No need to peel them and they’re already small in size so all you have to do is thinly slice them.
- Try to cut all the veggies and potatoes the same size. I don’t like soups that have big chunks of onion or potato but then small chunks of ground meat or other veggies. I think soups are best when everything is cut the same size (as close as you can get it anyways).
- Soup is great for leftovers! Simply store leftovers in a covered container (like plastic Tupperware) and then reheat in a soup pot over medium-high heat on the stove. The microwave also works wells too for reheating leftover soup.
- You can also freeze soup. Some soup recipes make a ton so it’s always a good idea to freeze half the batch for another dinner. I don’t love freezing milk based soups but I know others do it with great results. Milk can sometimes separate once frozen but if you heat it up on the stove top it should all come together again just fine.
- To reduce calories in any soup recipe try using light or lower fat dairy products when a recipe calls for sour cream, cream cheese, or heavy cream. I love using the real stuff with the fat so I normally don’t do this but you can substitute with lower fat/calorie products with great results. I just love the rich flavor and creaminess that the full-fat products offer for soups.
— TO GET THE RECIPE SIMPLY TAP OR CLICK ON THE PICTURE —
TRY THESE OTHER SOUP RECIPES
Stuffed Pepper Soup – Made with ground beef, fresh veggies, and rice! Just like the classic stuffed peppers but in a soup.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup – The perfect creamy soup full of chicken, tender potato gnocchi, spinach, and veggies. Better than the restaurant!
Busy Day Soup – Only 6 ingredients and one of those is water! Ground beef, frozen veggies, tomatoes, and a packet of onion soup mix makes this soup perfect for a busy day.
One Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup – One pot is all you need for this creamy tomato soup that’s loaded with tortellini pasta.